New Patients

Practice Area

Our practice boundary includes the following communities in addition to the town of Retford.

BabworthGringley on the HillRanby
Barnby MoorGroveRanskill
ClarboroughNorth LevertonSturton le Steeple
ClayworthSouth LevertonSutton
Clumber ParkLoundTorworth
DarltonEast MarkhamUpton
East DraytonWest MarkhamNorth Wheatley
West DraytonMiltonSouth Wheatley

Catchment Area

Registration Information

If you reside in our practice area, you may register with the practice (rather than with a particular GP, although you may express a preference of practitioner if you wish).

To fully register as a patient with the practice, you must complete and return a signed GMS1 form (these can be obtained from Reception or by clicking here).

You will also be asked to complete a health questionnaire so that the doctor has some information about your medical history, in case you need to be seen before your medical records are received. You may request a health check, or we may invite you to attend for one.

You may register with the surgery as a Temporary Resident (TR) or for Immediately Necessary Treatment (INT), however this must be for urgent care only where you cannot get to your usual GP. A temporary registration (either TR or INT) CANNOT be used for non-urgent treatment, such as cervical smear tests, wart treatment, travel vaccinations, etc. You must contact your own GP in non-urgent cases. Please find the relevant form here.

Unfortunately if you live outside of our practice area you can not be registered as a new patient. If you are already a patient of Kingfisher Family Practice and move out of our practice area, please contact us at your earliest convenience as you may register as an out of area patient, agreeing that the surgery will not attend home visits. Please find the relevant form here.

Further details for out-of-area registered patients

On occasions when urgent illness or injury at home mean you cannot attend the Surgery as normal, contact us in the first instance and if we determine you need access to services local to where you live we may ask you to call NHS 111. In these circumstances NHS 111 will direct you to the local service that has been established by NHS England for patients such as you.

This local service could be a GP practice near to where you live, the local walk-in or urgent care centre, A&E or minor injuries unit. This local service will then decide if you can attend for an urgent face to face appointment with a healthcare professional or if a home visit is needed which will be based on your individual circumstances.

If this is in the out-of-hours period when GP surgeries are normally closed (between 6.30pm and 8.00am weekdays and during weekends) NHS 111 will direct you to the local out-of-hours provider.